34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be calledthe Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.” 38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.
Friends, this is the scripture that narrates the announcement of the birth of Jesus by Angel Gabriel through the virgin Mary. Mary is wondering how it’s going to be possible for her to give birth and yet she is a virgin and has never known a man…and she poses a honest question, HOW WILL THIS BE? The angel gives her three very important responses.
1. The Holy Spirit Will Come on You, and the Power of The Most High will overshadow you
2. Even Elizabeth Your Relative Is Going to Have a Child in Her Old Age
3. No Word from God Will Ever Fail
Friends, I know you may be in a situation right now where you are asking yourself the same question, how will this be? And I want to encourage you with these three messages.
1. The Holy Spirit will come on You, and the Power of The Most High Will overshadow you, empower you, strengthen you and enable you.
2. Look around and see howGod has come through in the past or even recently for people that you know personally. People who have been in dire situations than yours and believe that just the same way He did to them He can do it for you too.
3. Be rest assured that God will fulfil His promises concerning you for no word from God will Ever Fail. For the word of God is active and true and God cannot promise what He cannot do.
I hope you feel encouraged by this word
Thank you for reading.
I was talking to a young man in his early 20s who has a chronic low mood. This was not my first time interacting with him and just like in the previous encounters, he projected the Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh) personality. He wants life to be easy. He wants life to be comfortable without having to do much on his part.
So, I had the conversation with him about the difference between being alive and living.
In being alive, you get up each day and do what is required to be done in order to survive. You have to go to work, you have to interact with others, you have to be outside to grocery shop etc. You are going through the daily motions. When you don’t have to do anything, you choose to do nothing but exist.
View original post 448 more words